I have an interesting dilemma. I’ve been asked to tell my “Cancer story” (sounds good, doesn’t it?) as a guest post on someone else’s blog. Great, eh? Well you’d think so…. And it’s not that I’m not excited as all hell to be guest posting, and it’s on a blog that has lots of readers, and it’s a terrific opportunity to get more exposure, and all that. But…. I have to do it in around 1,000 words. Gobsmacked!!!!
So far, the story as I’ve written it here, is around 7,000 words – and it’s not completely finished either. So, that’s my dilemma.
- How do I condense seven to eight thousand words down to one thousand? Don’t know.
- What do I leave out? No idea!
- Do I do it dryly without the humour? No, that’s what attracted people in the first place!
- Do I even try to condense it, or should I just start from scratch? I don’t wanna!!!
- Or, do I just write and at 1,000 words just stop, you know, like mid-sentence? It’s tempting… 🙂
What do I do, everyone? HELP!!! I would really like some suggestions, particularly from those of you who are writers, but also from everyone else.
So what would you do if you were me? What suggestions do you have? What advice do you have for me? What wisdom can you impart? Please leave me a comment – I value your input!